1.What part of Indy do you live in? Butler Tarkington, just north of downtown
2. What is our cities “hidden gem”? I think our hidden gem is Mass Ave. In the heart of downtown, it can feel a little commercial, with the nearly-empty mall and chain restaurants. But Mass Ave has an energy and character that you wouldn’t necessarily find unless you knew it was there!
3. What is your favorite restaurant? It’s so hard to pick a favorite! It depends on what I’m in the mood for – I love Union 50, Delicia, BruBurger, Patachou, snd there’s nothing better than a Dirty Martini at St. Elmo.
4. Where is your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest? St. Elmo for drinks and shrimp cocktail.
5. Where is the best place to grab a cocktail? As already stated, I love the dirty martinis at St. Elmo or Harry & Izzy’s, but Plat 99 at the Alexander has great cocktails too.
6. Where is a great place to pick up a unique gift? Silver in the City is my favorite spot to grab a quick gift.
7. Where can you get the best cup of coffee? I am probably the furthest thing from a coffee snob, so I’m partial to just a plain cup of coffee at Cafe Patachou.
8. What is your favorite part about living in Indy? My favorite part about living in Indy is you can get pretty much anywhere in 25 minutes (or less). I love going from downtown to the northside, and everywhere in between. There are great restaurants, great shopping, and a great standard of living. It’s a really fun place to be a newlywed, and as we look to the future, Indianapolis is the perfect place for starting a family.
9. Who is your favorite Indy based artist, designer, writer, or blogger ? My favorite Indy-based blogger is Kathleen Post (Lemon Blonde). She recently relocated to LA, but I love her effortless, feminine, cool-girl style.
10. What would you like to see next for our city (Anything you feel we are missing or a direction we are moving toward that you would like to see move forward)? I would love for Indy to keep making way in the food world. There are some amazing, nationally-acclaimed restaurants here (Bluebeard, Milktooth) and it’s fun to have a constant stream of new places to try.
We hope this inspires you to try new experiences in our little slice of the midwest!
Keep up with Abby on her blog, Seven and Stitch http://www.sevenandstitch.com
xoxoxo, Preppy Girl